Lucentia Residences: Living at Bukit Bintang City Centre

By
/ EdgeProp
|
April 26, 2019 5:00 PM SGT
Bukit Bintang City Centre, an upcoming 19.4-acre mega-development along Jalan Hang Tuah in Pudu, comprises residences, a shopping and entertainment component, office spaces and hotels (Credit: EcoWorld)
Bukit Bintang City Centre is set on a historical site: up until 1996, it was grounds for the former Pudu jail, which operated for more than a century. It once reportedly boasted the world’s longest mural, at 394 metres long. There were talks to conserve the plot as a heritage site, but the Malaysian government eventually decided to build a mixed-development project there.
In 2017, it was announced that property developer EcoWorld – in partnership with Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund and Urban Development Authority – would revamp the 19.4-acre (7.9ha) space along Jalan Hang Tuah into an integrated development comprising residences, a shopping and entertainment component, office spaces and hotels. This is estimated to cost RM8.7 billion ($2.9 billion), and slated for completion in 2025.
Boosted by interest from foreign buyers
The exterior of Lucentia Residences draws inspiration from Japanese paper lanterns, with vertical fins playing on light and shadows (Credit: EcoWorld)
Lucentia Residences, the 99-year leasehold residential component at Bukit Bintang City Centre, spans two conjoined towers of 47 and 35 floors each. The exterior draws inspiration from Japanese paper lanterns, with vertical fins playing on light and shadows. Both towers are connected via a sky bridge that can be accessed at levels 33A and 35, which are also where the facilities decks are located.
Offerings at Lucentia Residences range from studio units to one- to two-bedders, from 454 to 859 sq ft. There are two configurations of dual-key units, comprising two bedrooms: one at 859 sq ft, and the other at 882 sq ft. Prices start from RM1,750 psf.
To date, over 95% of Tower 1’s 393 units have been sold, while Tower 2’s 273 units have been sold, says the developer. Of these, 65% of the units are purchased by Malaysians, while the remaining 35% are owned by foreigners: Chinese nationals make up 40%, followed by the Japanese (30%), Hong Kong nationals (15%) and Singaporeans (10%). The...