8 St Thomas: Fulfilling aspirations for a coveted address

By 8 St Thomas / BROUGHT TO YOU BY BUKIT SEMBAWANG ESTATES LTD | May 17, 2019 1:15 PM SGT
The twin 35-storey towers of 8 St Thomas, designed by DP Architects
Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited (BSEL), a property developer with more than half a century’s experience in both landed and non-landed private homes, has once again demonstrated its ability to understand and satisfy the aspirations of homeowners with its latest luxury project, 8 St Thomas.
The 250-unit project is situated in the tranquil St Thomas enclave, off the prime River Valley neighbourhood in District 9. Designed by acclaimed architectural firm, DP Architects, the freehold development was completed in January 2018. It contains a wide spectrum of unit types, from one-bedroom apartments of 441 sq ft to four-bedroom, dual- key units of 1755 sq ft, as well as a penthouse of 2,422 sq ft.
The show suite of a three-bedroom unit at 8 St Thomas
Multiple award-winning development
Since its completion, the project has won multiple accolades, the latest being the Silver Award in the high-end residence category at the prestigious 5th China Real Estate Design Award (CREDAWARD) held in Shanghai on April 27, 2019.
Last year, the development also took home the Gold Award at the New York Design Awards. Other awards in 2018 included the Asia Property Awards for Best Luxury Condo Development Singapore, Best Condo Architectural Design Singapore, and High Commendation for Best Luxury Condo Interior Design Singapore.
Bukit Sembawang was also recognised as one of the top 10 Singapore developers in the 2017 BCI Asia Awards.
Rare gem in District 9
The 35-storey twin towers command unobstructed, panoramic views of the Singapore Flyer, Orchard Road and Marina Bay Sands. DP Architects has designed 8 St Thomas as a private sanctuary right in the heart of the city. The site spans close to 100,000 sq ft with extensive landscaped gardens and water features.
There are 11 sky terraces and outdoor lounges spread across multiple floors within the two towers. Facilities include an outdoor pool, spa pool, steam rooms, a gym, tennis court, fitness corner and air-conditioned function room for residents’ use.
St Thomas’ facilities include an outdoor pool
Immediate Occupancy - Ideal investment
As 8 St Thomas has already received its TOP, homebuyers who are owner-occupiers can move in immediately, while investors can put their properties up for lease.
Besides the normal payment scheme, the developer is also offering two alternative payment modes:
Stay and Pay Scheme* (Only 20% deposit)
Under the Stay and Pay Scheme, owner-occupiers including en bloc sellers seeking a replacement home can move in after collecting their keys. They need to pay only 20% downpayment (1% option fee and 19% upon exercising the option to purchase three weeks later). The remaining 80% will be payable only by Oct 31, 2020.
Reservation Scheme* (Only 10% deposit)
The Reservation Scheme is ideal for those who need time to sell their existing home. Under this scheme, they need to pay only a 10% downpayment to book the unit they want. They only need to exercise their option and pay the remaining 90% for the unit by April 30, 2020. This way, they will have peace of mind as they will not have to worry that the unit of their choice will be taken up, or that they will have to purchase the unit at a higher price at a later date.
These two schemes are designed to address homebuyers’ financial needs by reducing the upfront capital commitments. Homeowners at 8 St Thomas will also have the flexibility of moving into their new home even while trying to sell their existing property.
Location and accessibility
Strategically located in the River Valley enclave, 8 St Thomas is within a 8 minute walk to Somerset MRT and Orchard Road shopping belt. The upcoming Great World MRT Station on the Thomson-East Coast Line, which is scheduled to open in 2021, is also within a 5 minute walk.
8 St Thomas presents an ideal opportunity to invest in a prestigious address, with the possibility of future capital appreciation.
Artist’s Impression

*Terms and conditions apply.

For pleasure of ownership, please visit bsel.sg/8stthomas or call +65 6950 0333.
Developed by:

Scan to follow us on WeChat

This article appeared in The EdgeProp Pullout Issue 882 (May 20, 2019) of The Edge Singapore.