AWARDS: New Futura sets benchmark for luxury condos in prime District 9

/ EdgeProp Singapore
October 13, 2018 8:53 PM SGT
Join our  Telegram  channel and follow our  Facebook  for the latest update.
The prime Grange Road-Leonie Hill Road neighbourhood has been redefined by new high-rises that have sprouted up in recent years. The latest is New Futura, developed by City Developments Ltd (CDL) and designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LLP (SOM).
The ultra-luxurious condominium development has twin 36-storey towers that do not just stand out from the crowd, but have also made New Futura the latest landmark in the prestigious area. The project won the EdgeProp Singapore Excellence Awards 2018 for a completed project in the Central region.
New Futura won the top developer award for completed project in the Central region (Credit: City Developments)
“New Futura is a well-finished luxury development in an exclusive location,” says Lee Liat Yeang, senior partner at the Real Estate practice of Dentons Rodyk & Davidson. Lee was on the panel of judges of this year’s EdgeProp awards. “Yet, it’s within walking distance of Orchard Road and the Orchard MRT station.”
With 124 units in two high-rise towers, the project occupies a footprint of just 25%. This frees up the remaining 75% of the 87,000 sq ft, freehold site for the more than 50 facilities, including the multi-tiered landscape, waterfall, green atrium, a 45m infinity lap pool, aqua beds and a Jacuzzi. At Club Futura, a two-level clubhouse, residents and their guests will be able to enjoy private dining.
The landscaped grounds feature iconic masterpieces by renowned sculptor David Harber. There are six sky terraces between the twin towers. Each terrace is themed, and designed with sky pools and leisure corners, and offers complimentary WiFi.
View of the twin towers fdesigned by Skidmore Owings & Merrill or SOM from the basement (Photo Credit: City Developments Ltd)
The project has a wide range of units, from two-bedroom apartments of 1,098 sq ft to four-bedroom apartments of 2,691 sq ft with double-volume ceilings. They have generously sized living and dining rooms as well as spacious balconies. Selected units come with a double-volume ceiling. Units have marble flooring in the living and dining areas, while bathrooms are well-appointed with accessories from top-end brands such as Hansgrohe, LAUFEN and Geberit. Kitchens are fully fitted with premium Miele appliances as well as designer Poggenpohl counters and cabinets.
New Futura was completed in August 2017 and launched in January 2018. In the first phase, units were launched at prices averaging $3,260 psf, based on caveats lodged. The second phase was launched in May at an average price of $3,575 psf. More than 80% of the units have been sold.
The development has only two penthouses — each crowning a tower. At 7,836 sq ft, each pent- house is designed as “a bungalow in the sky”. The double-storey penthouses offer 360-degree panoramic views and come with a private swimming pool. One of the units was sold for $36.28 million ($4,630 psf) in May.
The 50m lap pool is the central feature of New Futura (Credit; City Developments Ltd)
Despite the latest property cooling measures introduced in July, New Futura has continued to sell well, says Ong Choon Fah, CEO of Edmund Tie & Co (ET&Co), who was also on the panel of judges of the EdgeProp awards this year. Incidentally, ET&Co is one of the appointed marketing agents at New Futura.
“Once you attract a community of very high- net-worth people living in a development, others will similarly be attracted to the project, and will want to buy a unit there too,” notes Ong.
These buyers are attracted to the prime District 9 address, freehold tenure and proximity to the malls on Orchard Road, adds Ong. “The facilities, landscaping and exclusivity of the project are a draw too, especially the concierge service.”
The lap pool at one of the sky terraces of New Futura (Credit: City Developments Ltd)
The staff at the concierge service make it a point to know the residents by name. They provide cold towels, face mist and cold water for residents to freshen up after a workout, and towels for those who are heading to the swimming pool.
Other concierge services include helping residents with their luggage, shopping bags or laundry service as well as delivery of parcels or groceries for those who are not home. “The concierge ser- vice on top of spacious apartments, quality finishing and a freehold tenure caps New Futura as one of the most sought-after residential condominiums in recent years,” says Dentons Rodyk’s Lee.

Follow Us
Follow our channels to receive property news updates 24/7 round the clock.
EdgeProp Telegram
EdgeProp Facebook
Subscribe to our newsletter